Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Boo Is Still Sick

We took my son to the doctor this morning because he still had a high temperature. She said he's got a virus. By this afternoon, my son had a fever of 106. I was terrified and called 911. I gave him some Tylenol since I had already given him Motrin, and I put him into a lukewarm bath. It seemed to take a long time for the EMT's to get here...maybe 15 or 20 minutes. By the time they got here, my son was walking around with his drum on his head like a helmet. His temperature was still 103, but at least the crisis was over. I felt pretty silly, but I would have done the same thing again. 106 is a scary number.
So, there won't be much of a post today, and probably not tomorrow either because I'm tired. But, it seems like most people prefer not to read posts every day anyway because it's too much to keep up with. So, that makes me feel better.
Also, that's why nobody has gotten Entrecards from me...I'm busy doing more important stuff. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Glad the crisis passed so quickly, hope he's much better today! Whoa, 106 IS scary!

Kristine said...

So far today he is being his usual impish self, getting into all sorts of trouble. I'm so happy!!!

dr. mom's mom said...

Thank G-d for drums. That's all I can say. Love, GM

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your little guy has been sick. We've all shared fevers around here, but nobody went higher than 104.