Monday, February 23, 2009

Tuesday Weigh-In on Monday and Happy Birthday Hubby!

It's Monday, I know, I know. But I have a dentist appointment tomorrow when I would normally have my Weight Watchers meeting, so I went to a meeting today with my usual leader, who I just love.
I'm terrified of going to the dentist, which is why I always go, because I hope nothing too bad can happen within a six month time span...except during pregnancy, which does terrible things to teeth. I'm using my Uncle's dentist, and I hope that he will be able to numb me up to do anything that needs to be done. I have funky nerves, and not every dentist is able to numb me...hence my fear of the dentist...it's really a fear of pain.
Anyway, FINALLY, I have good news. Because I stuck with it, and forged through the tough times, I have made it through to the other side. This week I lost four pounds. That's a total of 32 pounds. Yesterday, when I was doing the laundry, I was able to run up the four flights of stairs from the basement to our third floor apartment without getting out of breath. And, I'm sitting at the computer today wearing a sweater in a size I haven't worn since I was in college 16 years ago. It's been a good week.
Today is my husband's 40th birthday, and I have all my points all worked out for dinner tonight...how much everything needs to weigh or be measured out as, so I don't have to waste time looking everything up at dinner. I was thinking of going out to dinner, but I have all the control if I cook at home, and can make and measure everything according to what I can eat. Anyway, I'm a pretty good cook, and don't mind eating the food I cook. :) Excellent food in small serving sizes is a good thing. Julia Child always said everything in moderation, and opined that satisfying meals of nutritious food would cut down on craving and snacking.
We're having steamed artichokes as an appetizer, with a dipping sauce of extra virgin olive oil, roasted garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano. Dinner will consist of lobster tails (I just can't kill them myself) and fillet Mignon with Bearnaise sauce (from scratch...powdered sauce mix won't do for my husband's birthday) and fresh herb roasted fingerling potatoes and Pinot Noir. I have edible flowers and fresh herbs to use as garnishes.
Instead of cake for dessert, we're having Grana Padano cheese and comice pears drizzled with honey served with Sauvignon Blanc. Yes, you can have this meal on Weight Watchers, and it would be 33 points...almost all 35 bonus points (and I just happen to have 31 bonus points left for the week ending today, so I only have to use 2 points from my day...but I do have to pay close attention to the portions and weigh and measure everything), but doesn't it sound worth it????? Cheers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your weightloss! That is an awesome achievement and doesn't it feel great to wear a size you haven't worn in awhile? Great job! Are you doing the new WW program?

Kristine said...

Thanks so much!!! Yes it does!!! And, yes, I'm doing the new Momentum program.

Kristine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Four pounds, wonderful!! Good for you! You and Carole are really on top of things this week.

Kristine said...

Thank you everyone!!!