Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Reality of Life with Children...

My son woke up from his nap with a 103 fever. So, dinner wasn’t quite what I planned because I needed to take care of my poor, sick Boo. I got the meats and artichokes made, but I completely forgot about the potatoes, and I got interrupted while making the Bearnaise sauce, so that never made it to the table. You can’t be interrupted while making that sauce. It’s completely unforgiving, and if ignored for so much as a second, it becomes inedible. We did have the wine, which was wonderful, but we fell asleep before we ever made it to dessert. LOL Well, my wonderful husband appreciated the effort and didn’t mind that the meal wasn’t what I planned it to be, and that is one of the many reasons why he is wonderful. :)

No comments: