Friday, February 13, 2009

Big Boy Bed!


My son is finally in a big boy bed. We got him a really neat bed guard with places to put a sippy cup of water, a pocket for toys, and a pocket for books. He seems to really love his bed and his special places for his special things (although he likes to take them all out of the pockets as soon as Mommy puts them in...especially Thomas the Tank Engine, who you can see at the bottom of the picture).

Now I don't have to worry about him climbing in and out of his crib anymore...just climbing in and out of our bed, jumping on us, shouting in our ears... It's actually great to wake up to (although, not necessarily at 5 a.m.).

Do you remember being young and all excited to get up in the morning because all you had on the agenda was play? I actually do. I used to get up around 5 because my friend Steven's mother used to drop him off very early at his baby sitter's house, which was just a few houses from mine. His babysitter had a pretty easy time of it, I guess, since we just played all day. :) It was a lot of fun.

Now I wake up to coffee and responsibility, and I'm grateful to God for both. :D

No comments: