Friday, February 20, 2009

Macy's is Having a Fantastic Sale!


My daughter is getting Christened in two weeks, and I got my suit dry cleaned for the occasion. I figured I'd have it tailored for the Christening. I brought it to the tailors, and it would have cost $80 to have it tailored because it was so big. I remember when it was tight, and today I could just about have walked right out of the skirt. So, I figured I'd better go out looking for something new that fit! My husband, the kids, and I went to the mall, and I headed straight for Lane Bryant because they have nice plus sized clothes. My husband is always wonderful, but he's especially wonderful to shop with because he will give me an honest opinion of how clothes look on me. All the clothes I picked out that were down one size from what I usually buy were much too large. I went down another size, and another. They were still sort of big, and nothing looked quite right.
I thought maybe Macy's might have some good sales, because sometimes they do. I once bought a pair of pants there for 99 cents. Well, they just so happened to be having a clearance sale. Many things were 75% off (which is right where I was looking...and tomorrow is the REAL sale with things 50-85% off!!!!!). I looked around for the plus section, and of course, it was on a different floor because I guess they don't want the fat folks shopping in the same area as normal sized folks. I always resent that. So we all went up out of sight to the second floor, and I found some pretty nice things, but no skirts or dresses...they were only on the first floor. So, I figured I'd take a look at the regular sized clothing and try some stuff on JUST in case, and I promised I wouldn't get too upset if nothing fit. Well, everything fit, and looked nice...I chose the outfit that looked nicest, and I got a $100 outfit for $25 in size XL. Some people might think that's still big, and it is, but I haven't worn that size since college, which was about 16 years ago. I couldn't believe I was able to shop in the regular part of the store. I was so happy. So, even though the past two weeks I've been in a slump, I have still made it a long way, and DO have results to show!!!!! I'm so excited! Now I feel like I have even more incentive to keep going.
I CAN SHOP IN ANY STORE I WANT NOW. That is so amazing. Wow. What a great day!
And Carole is doing terrific too! Go give her some support at http://www.carolesthoughtfulspot.com/.
Woo hoo!!!!!

1 comment:

Tatum said...

Macys offers are really fantastic!! I love to buy stylish dresses from here!!