Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


We had a wonderful Valentine's Day that started with my husband and son bringing me my very favorite breakfast in bed, whole wheat toast with a tablespoon of peanutbutter, and a cup of coffee, light with two nutrasweet packets. Yummy! My son just loves to help make toast.


Then my husband was off to work, and I spent the day with my two love bugs, and we had a nice day. This evening, we all went out to a local Italian restaurant for dinner, and exchanged mushy cards.


For dinner, I had grilled salmon with steamed vegetables, sun dried tomatoes, calamata olives, and artichoke hearts. It was sooo delicious. I also had a piece of bread dipped in some wonderful extra virgin olive oil with garlic, sun dried tomatoes, calamata olives, and basil. Mmmmmm. Both kids behaved beautifully. For dessert we came home, and I had three pieces of my very favorite chocolate, Merci. I had Merci chocolates for the first time when my family from Germany brought some over during a visit, and I've seen them in Hannaford's and Target. I got my husband some dark chocolate covered strawberries and dark chocolate non-pariels from the kids, which he was too full to eat after a huge steak, mashed potatoes, stuffed artichoke hearts (I had a half artichoke heart with about a tablespoon of the stuffing...very good), and I'm not sure exactly how many pieces of bread.


Surprisingly and thankfully, the kids both went to sleep soon after we got home, so we got the opportunity to spend some much needed alone time together. That was the best present of all.

3 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

Actually we are going out for super tonight, always more relaxing after the mad rush on the day of. Our 30th Anniversary was the 10th so we always celebrate the two together.

Kristine said...

Happy Anniversary!

Kristine said...

Mom, I had 1/2 piece of bread...my husband had "I don't know how many pieces of bread". :)