Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday Weigh-In, As Promised...


As promised, I am reporting the bad with the good. I gained a pound today.
Stats:
Starting WW: -22.2
Week 2: -3
Week 3: +1.2
Week 4: -6.4
Week 5: +2.8
Week 6: -2
Week 7: +1
Total: 28.6 pounds lost
Arghhh I can't get back to where I was in week 4, where I was finally down 30.4. Of course, I was deathly, DEATHLY ill, so that's probably why. Anyway, according to my pattern, next week should be a down week.
I gained a pound today. I am so upset, because I did everything I was supposed to do this week...except work out. But I measured, I weighed, I drank water like a fish, I wrote down each and every thing I put in my mouth, and I did earn activity points from walking, cleaning, bench pressing, curling, spinning, and chasing my kids, which I did not eat, and I didn't even eat all my bonus points. Oh well. That's what next week is for. This is the way I have always been...it takes me forever to lose any weight...I lose weight sooooo slooooowly, and go up and down all over the place. Ugh. However, I decided that this time, no matter what, I am not going to give up. This is my seventh week at Weight Watchers, and I'm up to my seven week itch, where I usually stop going. But I will not this time. There's a gentleman in my group who I always sit behind (in the corner cause I always have the baby along), and it took him over a year to lose 60 lbs. So, he's inspiring to me. It's always nice to be around people in the same boat who have also decided that they're in it for the long haul, and have also accepted that they are who they are. I am me, not anyone else, and so I will not compare myself to anyone else...or at least I'll try really hard. :)
I will try to learn a lesson from my son and celebrate every tiny accomplishment, take baby steps, and just keep going with a positive attitude. I also set little goals so that they are goals I can reach...like getting those last stinking 1.4 pounds back off. I'm also trying to keep the big picture in mind...I've lost 28.6 pounds. When I started, I had 124 pounds to lose, and now I only have 95.4. Things go slowly, but when you look at accomplishments over a long period of time, they are significant. Just because you have to work twice as hard to achieve half as much, that's just the way it is, and it's a thought that needs to be discarded and not revisited. No excuses. Just because something is accomplished later, or after a lot more time, doesn't make it any less of an accomplishment. We are who we are, and we do our best. My son is my strength and my inspiration.
My father, who passed away in July, had his own struggles. He was not always encouraging to me while he was here, but I know he did the best he could, I know he loved me, and I like to think that he's cheering for me from up above.
Please visit Carole at http://www.carolesthoughtfulspot.com/ to cheer her on. Her weigh in day is Thursday. Please also visit Cindy at http://www.fencedinfamily.com/blog/ to cheer her on too. Her weigh in day is Wednesday. Two pounds down!!!! Hurray for you Cindy!!!!!
Glasbergen, R., (2007). Fit2 comic accessed 2/10/09 from http://www.glasbergen.com/images/fit2.gif

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It took a good friend of mine 18 months to take off the 30lbs she wanted to lose (yes, doing Weight Watchers), so don't sweat it if it takes awhile! Slow and steady wins the race, right? You can do it - you've got the most important thing set in your mind - don't give up! Just keep at it, you'll get there!

Anonymous said...

You're beautiful inside and out. Do the best you can and you will win. Tiny steps are just fine. Love, GM