Thursday, October 1, 2009

God Give Me Patience

Some days are harder than others. Today is a rough day. Today is a day I pray continually for patience, but it doesn't always come. My son is on a hitting and throwing spree. No matter what I do, he will not stop hitting my daughter and me and throwing objects (large ones too) all over the house. I have tried every technique every professional has told me to try with no success. It just depends on the day. Some days my son is as sweet as pie, and others, he's impossible to manage. My husband will be home in a few minutes, so until then, I put my son in his room to play because I'm so angry at him. I know I shouldn't be angry and I should remain unemotional and work on discipline, but there comes a point where I am literally beaten down, and my daughter is too. I even yelled, which I hate to do. So, at least my daughter and I won't get hit, and my son won't get yelled at. It's a temporary solution, and maybe not a good one, but until my husband gets home to give me some respite, it's all I can think of to do for now. I feel horrible.

No comments: