Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mr. Bump


I went to my first support group at my son's school today, and I got some really great news and some really great suggestions.

The psychologist at his school said that he does not display any aggressive behavior at school at all. This leads him to believe that this behavior will stop. He suggested that I redirect my son when he tries to play "boing" with my head (he hits me in the head repeatedly and says, "boing!"), hits, slaps, kicks, etc. I told him that I have plum run out of ideas of things to try to redirect him. Another lady in the group said that when she had a similar problem with her grandson, they began to use Mr. Bump. Mr. Bump goes everywhere. Whenever her grandson feels the need for any physical aggression, he takes it out on Mr. Bump.
I tried to buy Mr. Bump today at Walmart, but he wasn't there. So, I'm going to try again tomorrow at Target.

I hope, I hope, I hope, that this works. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

SandraJ said...

Wishing you luck with finding Mr. Bump and with your son choosing to replace the "boing" from you to Mr. Bump. It's wonderful that he is not aggressive at school. Such little bits of information can bring such hope! Praying that one day your special little boy will simply touch your cheek and say "I love you Mommmy."

Kristine said...

Thanks! He is still proving to be elusive, that Mr. Bump. I may have to order him online.
I am very much looking forward to the day my son says he loves me. Very much.

dr. mom's mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.