Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Have the Best Next Door Neighbors!


I am so lucky, happy, and blessed to have wonderful people living next door to me. Today was my daughter's first birthday, and we went out for pizza. When we came home, in front of my door were home made cupcakes (from scratch!) and a birthday card for my daughter from my next door neighbors. It means so very much to me to have them.
My neighbor E just got a new standing mixer! I've always wanted one, so I will live vicariously through her. :) The cupcakes were one of her first projects, and they came out wonderfully well! She was hypercritical, but the one I ate was delicious! I'm sending the rest in with my husband to work. Tomorrow she and I are going to a cake decorating class. I'm looking forward to getting out, and I've always wanted to go to a cake decorating class. When her daughter E turns 1, I can make fancy cupcakes for her too. :)
My neighbors are even going to watch our kids one night and my husband and I are going to go out to dinner to a restaurant where no children are allowed. My neighbors know all about us and our kids, and they STILL want to do it. I keep asking her if she's sure and that we'll understand if she changes her mind, but so far it's a go. I think it will be okay. My son absolutely loves her husband, too, and with the two of them, hopefully all will go well. She's very, very patient with my son, and has helped me numerous times to get him up the stairs and in the apartment. I'm just waiting for them to pick a date for us to watch their little E.
Tonight while we were at the pizzeria, my son went to each and every table and said, "Hi!" to the people at each one. Everyone was very nice about it. He's so darn cute, but it's such an inappropriate thing to do. We're pretty sure he's going to be the first Autistic Mayor. The Governor is blind...why not?

No comments: