Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Trip to Florida, Part 2

Disney!!! My husband's worst Yahtzee game, EVER.

My little running man in the Florida room.
My little man dressed for swimming in Grandma and Grandpa's pool with his biting fish swimmies.


You can read my first installment about our trip to Florida here, which is about the car ride down.

When we finally made it to my in-law's we were so happy and relieved. The kids were very, very happy to get out of the car, too. The house has an attached garage, so we were able to unpack the car right into the house.

My Mother in Law had a nice dinner already prepared for us, and we ate it out in the Florida room, which is a large screened in room with a big in ground pool. It's a very nice place to sit in the evening, but it's a little hot during the day. My son was fascinated by the pool, as we knew he would be, and I was constantly on edge worrying that he might fall into the pool without my knowing it.

After dinner, my husband watched the kids while I unpacked everything and got the beds all set up for all of us to sleep in the guest bedroom.

We all slept very well. In the morning, my Mother in Law made us a very nice breakfast of eggs, sausage, bacon, and home fries. It was delicious. That day we did just about nothing all day (except chase my son and do whatever you need to do for the kids). We did spend a lot of time in the pool. Both kids absolutely loved being in the pool, and it felt great to get out of the heat.
The entire time we were visiting, I didn't have to wash a single dish or cook a single meal (although I did, out of hospitality and gratefulness). It was so nice to wake up in the morning to coffee that my Mother in Law made, breakfast, clean bottles, and not having to do anything but watch the kids.

That night we played a game of Yahtzee, which is one of our favorite games. My husband had to take a picture of his score sheet because it was the lowest score he has ever gotten. My Father in Law, on the other hand, got FIVE YAHTZEES!!!!! Wow!

The second day we were there we went to a party over my Sister in Law's house and got to see family we haven't seen in years...and some family we've never met. We had a wonderful time, and again, we spent a lot of time in the pool. By now, my son was starting to swim alone with his vest and swimmies on. I loved the swimmies because they looked like fish holding onto his arms with their teeth.

The next two days we did a whole lot of nothing again. Then the next day we went to Disney.

Disney was wonderful. It was exciting, fun, exhausting, and thrilling. It was so much fun to see it through my children's eyes. Even though they're young, I think they really enjoyed it, and I think my son will remember.

I'll write about Disney in the next Florida post.

No comments: