Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Daughter's First Birthday! and Tuesday Weigh-In

My daughter is one year old today!!!!! I'm so happy thinking back to one year ago when I met her for the very first time. It's been a sleepless, joyful first year.
And, I'm down another 2.6 lbs.! I'm VERY happy about that! I've lost 5.4 pounds in the past two weeks, which is incredible for me. That doesn't happen.
Changes I've made: We've been eating vegetarian, and trying to cut out as much sugar and processed food as possible (I still haven't cut out the Fiber One bars...). Although all my bloodwork is perfect, I'm very overweight, and that can't last forever, and my husband has extremely high triglicerides and high cholesterol, even though he's just barely overweight. So, I've been doing Weight Watchers Momentum Simply Filling using tips from Dr. Oz. Last night we had sausage and peppers. The sausage was made from soy protein and I cooked the onions and peppers in Pam and chicken stock (well, not totally vegetarian, huh? LOL). It wasn't bad. It will take some getting used to. On the upside, there were no little bone pieces or grizzle. For lunch we've been having salad. For snacks, fruit and small portions of walnuts or almonds (I don't like almonds, but my husband does). We get 1 oz. of 72% dark chocolate as a treat in the evening. I don't really care for dark chocolate, but it's better than no chocolate, so I'm working on getting used to it. AND, there's the exercise, which I've only been able to do twice with the kids having the flu and my car breaking down. So, I'm really, really happy about the progress, and best of all, we're getting healthier. I don't think I've lost more than 5 pounds in two weeks since I was a teenager. Pretty cool. I'm only 3 pounds away to being to my lowest weight in more than 15 years...that will be all the weight I gained back, gone. That's a good thing.
Happy Birthday Little Girl!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: