Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday Weigh-In After a Fun Weekend







We had a really nice weekend. We went to a birthday party on Saturday, and we went apple picking on Sunday afternoon. As you can see from the pictures, my son was NOT running...I knew something was up. He had been coughing, but by Sunday night, he was sick. By Monday morning, he was really sick. Unfortunately, he has the flu. Ugh. AND he had the flu shot weeks ago, so we think he has the H1N1 virus. It's not nice, and I feel so bad for him. Unfortunately, there's not much to do for him but clean up what comes out, and make sure enough fluid gets in. He gets nebulizer treatments three times a day. A nebulizer is a machine that creates a mist of medicine that he breathes in, and the medicine opens up his airways making sure he can breathe. Because he has breathing problems, and has since he was born every time he gets sick, we're concerned about pneumonia, which is what generally winds up killing the kids who get this virus. Dehydration is another big problem, but so far, he's okay with that.



So, I'm not bringing him to Weight Watchers, but I'll do my weigh-in at home. Several weeks ago, we invested in a new scale that's accurate. It actually matches the scale at Weight Watchers. It wasn't expensive, but I did research on which scale to buy rather than just going out and getting whatever was on sale. I weighed myself this morning and added two pounds for clothes, and I've lost 2.8 pounds. That's almost three pounds! I'm very happy about that. I'm still 7.4 pounds higher than I was a few months ago, but I'll get there, and pass it. I'm sure. I'm finally not disgusted and feeling hopeless and horribly ashamed that I gained some of the weight back. I'm just losing it again. And when it's ten, not thirty pounds. I'm still 32 pounds down altogether, and I think that's pretty good.



I am also proud that although I couldn't go to my exercise class yesterday because of my son, I still went to the park a little later and did what I could remember of the routine by myself. I somehow managed to do it in a half hour instead of an hour, which is why I really like to go to a class to get pushed, but it's still 30 more minutes of activity than I've been doing, and it was all high intensity, which is also something fairly new for me...have inhaler, will run! My son got a kick out of watching me run and do jumping jacks. My daughter was too engrossed in "Pat the Bunny" to care.



So, here's to another good week, and I hope that my poor son gets better and my daughter isn't getting sick...she wasn't herself yesterday. I hope I don't get sick too...it makes it horribly difficult to take care of kids with the flu if you have it yourself. I got the flu shot too, but not the H1N1 vaccination, so I'm vulnerable. Ugh.



1 comment:

The Dicobs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.