Sunday, November 22, 2009

What Were They Thinking?????


This is an 8 oz. bottle of hand soap next to a large bottle of Tylneol with Codeine prescribed for my four year old son...it has 360 doses in it. What were they thinking????? They must have misread the doctor's handwriting...I'm sure that's easy to do. But wouldn't you question 360 doses of a controlled substance for a four year old?????

Anyway, he was feeling so great the first couple of days after his surgery, and now he's feeling really miserable. The swelling in the back of his nose/throat area is bad, and his breathing always sounds like a snore. His fever spiked up to 101.5, and he hasn't been able to hold down anything all day. I was very concerned about him becoming dehydrated. It seemed like he'd take one sip of water, and a gallon of water and dried blood would come back up. Just awful. It was very scary to him, poor thing. He can't talk, so he can't tell me that he's not feeling well...he just comes over to me looking for snuggles, and then all of a sudden, I, the chair, and all the laundry I just folded are very wet. And back into the washer they go. LOL

So, I wound up running out to a 24 hour pharmacy for a medicine to help with the nausea, and that seemed to work. He was able to drink some of his formula and keep that down. He was lethargic and clingy, which is very unlike him, even when he's sick...so I know he's really not feeling well, poor little guy.

I hope he's feeling better tomorrow and that today was as bad as it will get.

No comments: