Friday, November 6, 2009

Breakthrough!

Well, we've finally had a breakthrough. I hope it lasts. As you may know if you read my blog, my son has an obsession with hitting me in the head and saying, "boing". I've been trying to get him to be gentle for months and months. FINALLY, yesterday he did it. And if he starts up with the boing thing, I tell him, "Remember, gentle", and he strokes my hair instead of hitting me in the head. Awesome! I am so thrilled I'd do a cartwheel if I could do one...I've never been able to do one, though, except for the time I accidentally did one while in the process of falling down the stairs and breaking my collar bone when I was 7...don't try that at home, by the way.
Anyway, I am so happy and so pleased and so proud of my son. Patience, consistency, patience, patience, and more patience. Go Boo!

2 comments:

The Dicobs said...

YAY!!!!!!! So excited :)

Sandra said...

That's amazing news! I'm so happy for you both!!! I knew it would happen, Keep up the good work.