Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Electronic Experiments, Take Two





My husband bought another electronic experiment set for our son. This one records and plays back sound, and it can also be programmed to play a sound when it detects rain or light or sound or some other disturbance. It's pretty cool. Right now it's set up to modulate the recorded voice so that it sounds either too high or too low, depending upon which way you turn the modulator. It's time consuming, but fun. Our son was only slightly interested in it tonight. He's still very hyper. Really, if he's not strapped into his Special Tomato Height Right Chair, he isn't able to focus on much, and he wasn't tonight.
I could have used this electronic experiment lab before I took my hearing aids class, which was basically an electronics class. There were many classes in audiology I never expected to take like physics and electronics, but they were interesting and fun. Thank goodness my husband was a missile technician in the Navy and had electronics books and was able to help me with my hearing aids class. Without him, I would have been lost.

Without him, I'd be lost even when I'm not taking an electronics class. :)

No comments: