Friday, November 27, 2009

Farewell Little Red Car on Volkswagon Rock

Here is a very blurry enlargement of the only picture I have of the car... This is the original picture...you can see the car up in the right hand corner of the picture.


For as long as I can remember, whenever I rode upstate with my family to visit my extended family, part of the fun would be to look for the red car painted on a rock on I-84. Into my adulthood I had continued to enjoy looking for that little car, as has my family. We all had our own little trick to remember where it was. My husband had since fallen in love with the little car too. I always wanted to take a picture of it because I thought it was so cute, but it's really not in a convenient spot to pull over. I tried taking a picture while I was driving, but it didn't come out very well, as you can see. It had even been repainted when the paint had become faded.


Then one day, I was horrified to find that it was gone. Someone painted over it with gray paint. It was a little work of art. The rock it was painted on was shaped like a little VW Bug. It was perfect.


I hope that whoever painted that little car will paint it again!!!!!

No comments: