Monday, November 16, 2009

What I'm Eating for Lunch These Days







Well, not every day, but most days, this is what I eat for lunch. Two cups of mixed greens, 12 sun dried tomatoes, 1/2 cup of garbanzo beans, four tablespoons of lite vinaigrette, and 20 oz. of Crystal Lite fruit punch. It's quick, it's easy, it's huge, it's filling, it's beautiful, it's nutrient dense, and it's delicious. AND it's only 5 1/2 points for the whole thing. It also provides 5 servings of vegetables , a serving of protein, and 2 1/2 glasses of water. Not bad.

Also, I keep forgetting to post my weekly weigh-in. Last week I lost 1.2 lbs. I had gained almost 10 pounds of weight I had lost over the summer, and this brings me just 3.8 lbs. away from where I was. So, I'm down 36 lbs. since I had my daughter. Not bad. Not as good as it was, but not bad. Also, I have a new scale that is accurate, so I never had lost quite as much weight as I thought I had (as I was going by my home scale and the Weight Watchers scale), but it will come.

I went to my Stroller Strides class again today. I had gotten to the point where I wasn't so terribly sore after classes, and then I had to miss some classes because I was sick and had trouble breathing, and then my son was sick, my daughter was sick, and now I've missed three classes and have to start again. Last time I went to class I aggravated my epicondylitis in my left elbow (that's tennis elbow, ha ha...I don't remember how I got it initially...not by playing tennis, that's for sure, but this time I did too many wall push-ups), and my right knee, which has bursitis (swelling), usually hurts. So, today, I took it a little easy and didn't jump or use the resistance bands because my elbow was bothering me a lot today. I figure it's better to make it through the class without injuring myself so that I can keep going. The class still kicked my behind anyway. It's hard to go back after not going, and the other women in the class are in fabulous shape, but everyone is very nice, and maybe I can inspire someone else walking through the mall who thinks they can't keep up...I just keep going.


My son inspires me a lot...he has to work hard to do everything, he has a lot of trouble keeping up with everyone, but he just keeps going...so, so do I.

No comments: