Saturday, May 2, 2009

Spring Cleaning


Well, I've been trying to get some Spring cleaning done, and not having a lot of success. Having a child with special needs presents some issues that I'm not sure everyone else has...he destroys things, tears apart books, dumps out puzzles and toys, takes everything out of drawers, out of laundry baskets, and I caught him in bed today licking half of a watermelon. I was nursing my daughter, and I somehow managed to miss him sneaking that watermelon out of the fridge. I heard him singing in his room, and went to check on him and tell him what a good boy he was, and there I saw him in bed, covered from head to toe in watermelon juice. His clothes and bedding were also soaked. HOW did I miss him sneaking a WATERMELON out of the fridge? He is getting good at being sneaky. Anyway, there is always more to clean than I can possibly catch up with. Also, we have too much furniture that we've had passed down to us. For this I'm very grateful, but we just don't have room for it all. What I plan to do is send an email out to family members and see if anyone wants any of this furniture. Then I want to go through everything we have, and anything that was passed down from my grandparents that I haven't used in the past eleven years that I've been married, I'm going to put into a box, and if anyone wants to, they can go through it and take whatever they want.

I have to get rid of a lot of stuff. Ideally, it would be nice to have a yard sale, but it's hard to do that in an apartment complex. We actually had a sale for the complex, but I wasn't ready for it, and I was going to be home alone with two young children that day...so hauling everything down three flights of stairs, loading it into the car and driving it down the hill to the tennis courts (and managing to bring the kids too) and sitting outside in 90 degree heat just wasn't going to happen.

So, that is my goal, and instead of cleaning, I am sitting here at the computer writing my blog. So, I'd better get cracking. I did two hours worth of work today, and it looks like I've done absolutely nothing. Isn't that always the way?

1 comment:

dr. mom's mom said...

Dear Krissy, I left you a message on email but I decided to leave it here too. I'll take the rocker if Rob or Kathy don't want it. Love, M