Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


A very Happy Mother's Day to everyone! I had a lovely day. I got to sleep in until after 7, and then my husband and son brought in my Mother's Day cards, complete with original artwork! They also brought me breakfast in bed. My son helped by pushing down the button for the toast. Whole grain toast with natural peanut butter and a cup of coffee with Equal and light creamer is my favorite breakfast. Then we all got ready to go down to visit my Mom. We went to mass together and had a nice lunch. Then we took a ride over to a condo my Mom is thinking of buying, and it's very nice! Then we went back to my Mom's and my husband played with my son, my daughter slept, and I got to play a game of Scrabble with my Mom. We had gotten my Mom Omaha Steaks and lots of other stuff like stuffed fillet of sole and stuffed baked potatoes, and my son and daughter made a little foam sticker sign that said, "We love you Grandma!" They also made some little presents for some adopted "Mothers" we still have down in Queens. I painted my son's hand and my daughter's feet, and the prints became a hand flower and feet leaves. Then we ordered in Chinese so nobody had to cook or clean, and then came back home. It was a little sad because it was the first Mother's Day without my father, but it was still a very nice day. I hope everyone else had a nice day too!

No comments: