Friday, March 27, 2009

Very Different Baby


We're having such a different experience with my daughter than we had with my son. My son was so late in reaching every milestone, and has yet to reach all of the milestones that children reach at a young age, even though he's going to be four on April 13. My daughter, on the other hand, is hitting her milestones right on time, and even a bit early. It's such a relief to see. She is five months, and is already sitting up and playing all by herself, and can figure out how to work some of her brother's toys. If she is shown how to play with a toy, she will remember. She's a very quick learner. She has a great sense of humor, just like her brother, and they laugh together a lot. I love to watch them interacting. My son loves to teach her how to play with the toys, and she loves to learn from him. He will even share his favorite toys with her. I was so afraid that he would be jealous, and that I was putting his life into such upheaval, but it's been a wonderful experience for everyone. I've heard other people talk about how they don't know if it's possible to love another child as much as the first. Well, I can say with absolute certainty, that it is, and you get the extra added bonus of watching them interact. I hope that they always have a good relationship.

2 comments:

dr. mom's mom said...

I just love this picture. It is so cute. Love, GM

Kristine said...

Me too...tiny hiney. :)