Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday Weigh-In and Geocaching

Well, FINALLY I have broken through my horrifying six week plateau and have finally surpassed where I was at week four. I lost 2.2 for a total of 10 pounds at WW. This earned me another little star sticker with the number five inside to put on my star catcher, which is a bookmark to put your stickers on. There are star stickers with 5 and with Bravo! on them for weight loss and for behavioral changes. This brings my total weight loss to 33 lbs. Not bad. :)

Please cheer on Carole at http://www.carolesthoughfulspot.com/ whose weigh in day is Thursday, and Cindy at www.fencedinfamily.com/blog whose weigh in day is Wednesday.

My daughter and I also went geocaching today, and I found my first, second, and third geocaches today. Boy, was it fun. It gave me the very same thrill of an Easter egg hunt...nice to know I'm far from being the only one not to have outgrown the egg hunt. Also, when I was young, my cousin and I used to make up treasure hunts with clues to get from one hiding spot to another, until we reached the ultimate prize at the end...which was usually a snack cake we swiped from our Grandmother's cabinet. Of course, she bought them especially for us, but we still took more than she actually gave us or than what we asked for...naughty children. Anyway, there's just something about looking at something very familiar, and then finding something peeking that's out of place. I had a great time, and my daughter had a great nap. She hung out in her infant car seat, and I just carried her along. I can't wait to go look for more, and it's good exercise besides, and oh how nice it always is to get some fresh air and sunshine. The sun is hiding behind a lot of clouds today, but that won't stop the vitamin D and good mood from seeping in. :)

Visit Carole's other blog, http://www.soyouwannagogeocaching.com/ for all sorts of cool information and stories related to geocaching.

2 comments:

Auntie E said...

congrats on the weight lost. I have been on that plateau for over a month now. Looking forward to getting off. Changing exercise type to Wii.

Kristine said...

Thanks so much! You can do it! Just hang in there, and don't give up. Wii is really not easy!!!!! But I did pretty good with WiiCheer! :)