Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Back, with Dear Old Auntie Flo


Well, I'm finally getting back into life, and back to healthy living. I feel sort of like everything's been on hold, and I've succumbed to emotional eating...it's shameful.

Even though my son's surgery went well, I hate to see my son in pain. I give him his pain meds when they're due, but sometimes when it's time for a new dose he looks very uncomfortable. He also hates having bacitracin placed on the wound...I'm sure I wouldn't like it either. So, that's at every diaper change, which is a real challenge. Everything is a challenge as it is, so now things are even more difficult. But, the wound looks much better, and tomorrow is the post-op appointment.

In the meantime, Aunt Flo has been in town, which doesn't make anything any easier either. Besides always having a way of diminishing all of my patience, she has a way of getting me to eat things I shouldn't, and then go back for seconds and thirds. I know she has good intentions, but oh, she can be difficult.

So, the point is, I don't want to go to my weigh in today because I've fallen off the wagon most of this week. Not only have I fallen off the wagon, it ran me over, I got caught on the undercarriage, and it's been dragging me for miles like Indiana Jones (thank goodness I got a hold of that rope and didn't let the wagon get away). I'm currently hanging on, and have gotten one foot back on. Oh, it's hard. I feel awful, but as Dottie from Dottie's Weight Loss Zone (http://www.dwlz.com/) says, no regrets, and move on. I guess I may as well go, face the consequences like an adult, and just get on with things. Knowing me, I've probably gained five pounds...it will take me seven weeks to lose five pounds and six days to put five pounds on. Disgusting. But, that's me, that's the way it is, and nobody did it but me, so...moving on. I'd better not let a dip in the road turn into a hole that goes all the way to China. LOL My new euphemism for gaining weight should be going to China, I guess. Oh, look at poor Louise...looks like she's gone to China. LOL I crack myself up. Someone has to laugh at my jokes; it may as well be me.
Well, that's what I'm doing. My Entrecard price is down to 16 credits, so now is the time to advertise!!! :D LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the surgery went well and that he seems to be recovering. Sorry about all the difficulties though :(

dr. mom's mom said...

It goes up, it goes down. You had your up now it is time for the down. Keep up the good work. I know you have it in you. Love, GM