Monday, March 2, 2009

How We Spent Our Snow Day

We made bird feeders! Here is one of our doggie bones wrapped with a pipe cleaner for hanging, with a craft stick for spreading on peanut butter
After spreading on the peanut butter, we rolled the feeder in bird seed.

Then we put them out to freeze...some little birdies paid a visit...look at all those tiny footprints!


This birdie must have been waiting...



The finished product hanging in our tree just waiting for birdies! (You can see them all on the ground waiting).


It was very cold and windy and...as you may have guessed, snowy today. We were all home, which was really nice. My son is feeling much better, but still has a very runny nose and cough, so I decided it was best to keep him inside. He's been home from school for a week and stuck inside, and I think we're both going stir crazy.
Everyone slept late this morning...all the way until 8! It was glorious. We mostly hung out and played and watched some Sesame Street in the morning, had lunch, and then made a bird feeder project using dog bone treats, extra crunchy peanut butter, and birdseed. It was a pretty big hit. My cats had a fabulous time watching the birds too. When my son woke up from his nap, we put two of the feeders in the tree, but they were too heavy, and they pulled the branch down lower than we could see. So, my husband tied some twine onto some hooks in the ceiling of our terrace and attached the feeders to those so that we could all watch the birdies eat. Of course by this time, no birdies were around. Tomorrow is another day, and hopefully I can get some nice pictures.

Then for dinner I made Chicken Marsala (15 points for 4 oz and well worth it...and I had 20 points left for the day), with smashed new red potatoes. It was most excellent.

Also, I also got a call from my doctor's office today to tell me my blood results were good...I used to have high cholesterol and lipid levels, but since I've been doing Weight Watchers, they've gone down to normal levels. Yippee! My thyroid is a little low, so they're upping my Synthroid dosage. Yippee about that too...maybe I'll lose weight a little faster and have some more energy.

I hope tomorrow's weigh in goes well...tune in to find out!

No comments: