Friday, April 10, 2009

Trip of a Lifetime


Last night, my brother, uncle, and nephew embarked upon a trip of a lifetime. My father was also supposed to be on this trip, but he died suddenly last July. The trip was in danger of being cancelled, but thankfully, everyone decided to go anyway, knowing my father would have wanted them to go, and knowing that he will be with them in spirit.

My father's father's family was born in Hungary, even though my grandfather was born here. My grandfather wasn't a very friendly person, so as far as I know, nobody knows a lot about that part of the family tree. So, we're reconnecting with family we have over in Hungary, and this morning, they met with my family from the US to begin a grand tour of Budapest and family landmarks and homesteads. Additionally, family from my father's mother's side in Germany is going to drive over to join and visit. One of the Hungarian family members is on facebook, and I've had some contact with him, and everyone is so excited about this family reunion.

So, I wish them the most wonderful of experiences, and I can't wait to hear about all of their adventures. This truly is a trip of a lifetime for all of them.

1 comment: