Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Free Weights...and My Kids WERE on a Schedule...


Here is a picture of what free weights are...they aren't liberated, they aren't cost-free, they're just not attached to a weight machine. :) This makes your muscles work a little different because you have to guide the movement of the weights yourself, and this is a good way to sculpt muscles. I know I have muscles somewhere under all my fat...so hopefully, if I sculpt them, when the fat is gone, they will look pretty. :) They have a great, big, full-length mirror so that you can make sure that your form is correct, but I don't generally care to look at myself. However, I didn't mind so much today for two reasons. I look much better than I did 35 pounds ago, and I know I'm doing something healthy. So, it was okay.

I was so happy for a couple of days to have my kids on a schedule...both in bed by 8...8:30 at the latest. That lasted for 2 days, and then they both got sick, yet again. This has been the very worst season for colds and sinus infections and bronchitis. Sheesh. Thank goodness winter is over, and I hope that means that cold season will be ending too.


No comments: