Saturday, April 4, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

My very first concert was Menudo. My second A-Ha. My Third Pink Floyd. What a progression.

I can play the flute, the piano, and the guitar...but none very well.

I have been a stock person, a bank teller, a teacher, a secretary, a Mary Kay Lady, an audiologist, and a stay at home mom.

I achieved the Gold Award in Girl Scouts, which is the equivalent to the Eagle Scout Award in Boy Scouts.

I have a Bachelor's Degree in English with a minor in Philosophy, a Master's Degree in Communication Sciences, and a Doctorate in Audiology.

I have attended 18 years of Catholic School.

I taught Sunday School for ten years.

I taught English as a Second Language at the college level when I was a college freshman...the teacher I was teaching with tragically lost both her parents, and I had the teach the class myself.

I love to watch the same movies over and over again.

My favorite bands are Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

I love bugs, especially mantids and spiders.

I love bats.

My first car was a white, stick shift, Toyota Corolla Tercel named Tony.

My favorite flavor of ice cream is Haagen Dasz Creme brulee.

My favorite dessert is creme brulee.

I first kissed a boy when I was 3. I kissed him on the head, declared my love, and he ran crying to his mother.

I love live opera. I didn't know until I went to a performance...with a book, convinced that I would be bored, and sobbed through the whole thing.

I can no longer listen to "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult without thinking about having a fever for which the only cure is more cowbell.

No matter how many times I see "This is Spinal Tap", I laugh until I can't breathe. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I love to play games...board games, card games, any kind of game.

I make crafts. I can knit, crochet, sew, do cross stitch, and latch hook (not very well). The only one I really enjoy is crochet. I have one cross stitch framed in our living room.

I like to write and have had some of my poetry published...in my college newspaper.

I like to read the same books over and over again.

My favorite thing to do is spend time with my family.

I don't have many friends, but the friends I have are very good friends. My husband is my best friend.

3 comments:

dr. mom's mom said...

I took you to Menudo and your brother sacrificed himself to take you to see AHA. Good brother. Love, M

Kristine said...

Good Mother, too! :D

Blogger said...

I just got a check for $500.

Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can get by taking paid surveys online...

So I show them a video of myself getting paid $500 for participating in paid surveys.