Monday, January 26, 2009

"To the whole world you might be just one person, but to one person you might just be the whole world."

This is a quote from Joseph Campbell that I got in my Baby Weekly update of what my daughter should be doing at 15 weeks. What a beautiful quote.

It's good to get the big picture of the world, but it's also important to focus on what's happening right where you are. John Lennon said, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

I'm thinking about having to move in a year to get my son into a better school district. The school district we're in isn't very good to begin with, but after talking to all my son's therapists, I've also found out that it has one of the worst, most disorganized special education programs. So, although I was thinking of hanging around long enough to send him to kindergarten and first grade here, I'm having second thoughts about it as I don't want him to fall any further behind than he already is. Right now he's in a private school, and will be there for another year and a half. So, we have that long to find a new place. The best school district for special education services happens to be my cousin's school district, and so I'm going to be asking her advice about neighborhoods. E, if you're reading this, do you have any advice about neighborhoods in your school district? :D

But what I'm doing RIGHT NOW, besides typing, is sitting next to my daughter who is finally getting some sleep after being up most of the night because she has the cold that's been making its rounds through the family. I need to make sure that her little nose stays clear so that she can eat and not become dehydrated. So, I guess right now I'm her whole world. Isn't that a nice thought?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In fact, this is a quote by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. You may google it to find out more... :)

Kristine said...

Thank you for the correction! The website must have quoted a secondary source without giving credit to the primary. I read about Gabriel Garcia Marquez and am surprised I haven't heard of him before.