Saturday, January 24, 2009

Really Cute Favors!!!





I think these are the cutest favors. I found them three years ago, or so, when I was looking for a favor for my son's Christening. They're made by the Tender Seed Company http://www.favorswithseeds.com/.
I didn't want to get something someone would need to find a place for, and there are so many people on diets, I didn't want to get chocolate or candy either. I found what I thought was the perfect solution. A paper shape that has seeds embedded in it. It's decorated as a favor, and comes with a keepsake card. In the Spring, the shape is planted, the paper disintegrates, and the seeds germinate. Really neat! AND they're really inexpensive...most of them are around $2 each.
My daughter is being Christened in March, and so I decided to get the same type of favor. Now they have some new shapes and lots of new sayings, and a new way of packaging them.

They also have some beautiful sayings to choose from:

Guarded with tenderness,
guided with love,
gently watched over from heaven above.
Happily awake or safely at rest,
may our precious baby be forever blessed.

Children are sweet miracles sent by God above
To fill the world with goodness
and the blessings of His love.

The holy angels all rejoice
On your baptism day.
Our Father reaches out to you
With love that leads the way.
The Holy Spirit rests on you
And lives within your heart.
He'll walk with you down every path
And nevermore depart.
The Savior's arms are open wide,
Surrounding you with peace.
May all your days be filled with hope,
And may your joy increase.

Two little eyes to look to God.
Two little ears to hear His word.
Two little feet to walk in His ways.
Two little lips to sing His praise.
Two little hands to do His will,
and one little heart to love Him still.

Which one do you like best? Let me know, and then I'll tell you which one we chose!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the one that begins, "The holy angels all rejoice..." but they're all really nice!

dr. mom's mom said...

You already know which one I like. Love, Me

Kristine said...

We chose the one about two little eyes, two little ears...etc. :)