Monday, January 12, 2009

2009 Action Plan


I'm a fan of Oprah Winfrey's shows, and was looking forward to her Best Life series last week. However, since I was too busy playing with my kids, I only got to see Monday's show. I had wanted to see the show with Suze Orman, as she gives practical and easy to understand advice on money management. I have one of her books about how to be a wealthy woman, and I began reading it last year. We moved in August, and I have not been able to find the book since. I liked some of the advice, but some I didn't care for. Volunteering time was looked down upon because there is no income involved, and time is money. However, being raised with Christian values, this gave me a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. Of course, as far as advice goes, I always filter it, and take what I like and leave the rest.

I'm happy to report that Suze Orman has published a new book to read until I can find my other one. On Oprah's website is a link to download Suze Orman's latest book for free. It is her plan for 2009, and how to manage finances in this new era of fiscal crisis.

Managing finances has never been one of my strong points (to say the least), and this combined with some of the very worst financial luck a person can face has brought me to a firmer understanding of what I must learn. I'm looking forward to reading this new book, and seeing what new information I can learn and use to improve my financial life.

No comments: