Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thanks for Reading!

(Read on to see why there's a photo of a Northern Flicker at the top of this post. :) Then read all the way to the bottom for the credit for the beautiful photo.)

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank all the folks who stop by and read my blog. I truly appreciate it. And while visiting all of you, I've read so many interesting things that I thought would be great to comment on! I just wish I had more time to leave comments for everyone, but I do read. :)

I was reading a blog about 2012 and the predictions about the world coming to an end...I've seen many programs on that, and it's really sort of freaky, but the world simply can not end because I have plans to go see the solar eclipse in 2017...and I hate to think about anything terrible happening to my children, so I hope it's a duddy like Y2K. OR I read on http://qimansworld.today.com/ about a harmonic convergence in 2012...that would be much nicer than world destruction. Very cool!

I also read a blog where Aldon Hynes wrote 25 random things about himself, and I thought it was so interesting that I had many things in common because of the variety of items. You can read it yourself at http://www.orient-lodge.com/.

There are many faith filled blogs as well that I truly enjoy, and they confirm my belief that God has a plan (I think it's like the military...I'm on a need to know basis, and apparently, God doesn't think I need to know very much...sometimes I am very grateful for this). So, God has a plan, and I have faith that I am exactly where I am supposed to be doing precisely what I'm supposed to be doing.

I also visited a wonderful blog by Alan Henry about birding in the Falkland Islands with photos of albatrosses and petrels. If you'd like to see the pictures, visit http://www.surfbirds.com/blog/falklandbirder. I remember reading The Mariner's Tale in grammar school, and I'd always wanted to see an albatross. There are so many other pages on this blog I'd like to visit, and I know my husband will love to see all the pictures too since he loves birds and wildlife as much as I do.

Speaking of birds, I saw a Northern Flicker in the tree outside my kitchen window yesterday. It was the first time I'd ever seen a Northern Flicker, and I was rather impressed with myself that I recognized the bird after having ascertained his or her identity in my birding book. :)

Another interesting read, which was also posted on the orient-lodge blog, is why people blog. I personally blog because I love to write. I don't have a lot of time for myself with two young children, and this is something I do for me. If I can be helpful to someone in any way at all, that makes it even better. If I can eventually make a little money while staying home with my children, that would be nice too. Mostly, I blog out of enjoyment. So, thanks again for reading what I have to write, and keep writing! :)


Here is the information about the beautiful picture of the Northern Flicker:

No comments: