Tuesday, January 19, 2010

With Zenni Optical, it IS Possible to Get Quality Eyeglasses for a Low Cost!

This is a paid post, but I give my honest review.

I have been lucky over the past few years to have vision insurance. However, there were a few years when I did not have any, and my husband and son both wear glasses. I can vouch for the fact that glasses are very expensive, and honestly, even with our vision insurance, we can still wind up paying a hundred dollars or more for special frames or lenses. I am glad that Zenni Optical has been brought to my attention.

Although I have not had any experiences with them yet, I would like to try them. I thought paying $100 instead of $300 for a pair of frames and lenses was a good deal...but through Zenni, a complete pair of glasses can cost as little as $8! If you have a toddler who wears glasses, like I do, you know that the glasses get broken and lost on a regular basis. Also, it's important to protect children's eyes from the sun, but I have not spent the money on sunglasses. Now I can! I can get sunglasses for my husband too, who can now keep a pair at home to use when we go out and a pair to keep exclusively in the car for driving.

There are a few drawbacks, as you might imagine, but I wouldn't expect there not to be for such inexpensive glasses. Of course, you can't try the glasses on first. The glasses are produced in China, so it takes quite awhile for them to come in the mail. As a mother, because of the reputation of products from China, I would also perform a lead test on the frames before putting them on my son, but that is cheap and easy to do.

All in all, in this economy, or for anyone looking to save some money, I think this company is well worth a try.

Check it out for yourself at http://www.zennioptical.com/ or here eyeglasses.


Here is a link for a review by someone who has used the service for eight years -and has written what seems to be a fair review with pros and cons. http://www.examiner.com/x-28795-Brooklyn-Liberal-Examiner~y2009m11d13-Cheap-eyeglasses-are-a-reality-Check-out-Erics-review-of-Zenni-Optical.

No comments: