Friday, January 29, 2010

Potty Training!


Well, after four attempts, I have finally found a potty that interests my son. He is very excited about going pee pee on the potty! I have pull-up diapers, and I set a timer for ten minutes. Every ten minutes, he sits on the potty and I read a potty story. For the first time, he is actually sitting on the potty for more than a few seconds...a necessity for success.

We've been working on trying to get him to potty train for quite awhile. I didn't try very hard after his sister was born because frankly, I was too tired. So, I have lollipops at the ready for when there's pee pee in the potty, or at least for dessert. :) I keep telling him how proud I am of him and what a good job he's doing sitting on the potty!

My daughter is also interested in the potty and has practiced sitting on it with her clothes on. Maybe she'll be ready to train soon too. We'll see. She's only 15 months old.

I have a lot of patience, and I'll just keep encouraging them.

No comments: