Thursday, January 28, 2010

Surprise Snowstorm!




My son is feeling much better today. He was actually feeling pretty well yesterday, but I kept him home. I was going to send him in to school today, but the bus never came. We got a surprise snow storm that nobody predicted, and they didn't delay or close any schools until after 9 am.

My husband came home from trying to drive to work just a few minutes after he left because he slid into the intersection while pulling out of our complex...he thanked God for not letting any other cars be there, and then he turned around and came back home. So, I called the bus company and told them I was keeping my son home. Just a few minutes later we got a call from his bus driver saying that she was stuck behind several accidents and that's why she never made it to us. By that time, there still wasn't even a school delay. A friend of my husband's from work picked him up in her SUV. It took them almost 1/2 hour to go 7 minutes away, so they stopped for brunch. They eventually made it to work nearly two hours later.





No comments: