Monday, September 21, 2009

Pretty Good Weekend...


We had a mixed bag this weekend. Mostly, it was a great weekend, with a thing or two that I'm better off just letting go.

The bad news was that my son had a rough day yesterday with a lot of physical outbursts. Besides getting hit and kicked (on Friday he kicked me sideways in the jaw and nearly knocked me out), I had my entire back pulled out. He jumps up in the air and collapses, and he did this from his changing table while I was trying to get him dressed to go to the playground. I didn't expect him to do this, and while I was catching him so he didn't fall off the table, my back got all twisted. It was not nice, and I was not happy with him, and I let him know that he gave Mommy a boo boo and made me angry. He said, "Sorry" in sign language and we kissed and made up. But it made housework tough going because my back was bothering me pretty bad. It feels better today. I know that all he wanted was to stay home and watch the same Elmo video over and over and over again. We let him watch it a few times, but that's it. It was a beautiful day, and he had to get out to get some fresh air and exercise. Besides that, my husband was taking the kids so that I could get some housework done. I am hoping that this behavior decreases as he becomes more verbal. I have tried every suggestion from every professional and expert to stop it, but it continues. It's very hard to deal with.

The good news is that last night my daughter fell asleep in just a few minutes with some stirring and complaining, but no crying. She only got up once during the night to eat, and she fell right back asleep. Woo Hoo!

The other good news is that my son actually spoke to me to give me very important information. I was getting him into his car seat, and he told me, "I want bus. Bus by tree." I almost fell over with joy. I was so proud of him. I went and got him his bus, which was in fact by the tree next to the car, and I smothered him with praise and kisses. I don't know if anyone else would have been able to understand him, but the language is there if the pronunciation isn't...and he's working on it. As a matter of fact, when he asked for Elmo Saturday, he said Elmo as clear as day. It was wonderful.

Then we went to our favorite "playground with the cars" with our neighbor and her adorable daughter. We had a wonderful time. We are blessed with lovely neighbors.

No comments: