Tuesday, August 8, 2017

4 am Bathroom Cleaning/Making a Plan

DS gets sick very often.  He doesn't make it to the toilet many times, and that results in me cleaning the bathroom and him in the middle of the night very often.  I am a horrible mother at 4 am.  I am impatient and unhappy about having to clean everything up and get my son changed and knowing that I am now up for the rest of the night/morning.  Either it's sprayed feces or urine depending on what doesn't make it into the toilet.  There always seems to be something new too.  As of today, my DS either turns around while getting on the toilet or doesn't direct the urine into the toilet when he is sitting...I don't know.  But at 4 am today, I stepped into a puddle on my way to take care of him and was not patient because he wanted me to take care of him, but I really need to clean the floor first so that he doesn't get messier than he already is.  I wish I were more patient.  I wish I could be fresh and sweet and not mind.  He can't help it.  I'm pretty good when it's not the middle of the night woken from a dead sleep, but the poor kid can't help it.  So, that's another prayer for me to be more patient.  Of course, praying for patience just gets you more things to have to be patient about.  This also interrupts any plans for the rest of the day that I may have because then DS is home from school.  In the summer, it doesn't matter as much, but during the year I hesitate to make any plans because I know that they can be cancelled at any moment.  I've even had to leave a funeral.

So I'm whining again, and the whole purpose of today's post is supposed to be about making a plan about all the stuff we need to do.  So, I wrote down all the stuff we need to fix in the house, tried to form a budget of approximately how much each thing will cost, and then looking for information about how to do it.  My sister redid a whole bathroom on her own.  There are all sorts of women on television who tackle entire house flips on their own...so I should be able to do it too.  It looks awfully daunting to me, though.  I'm hoping DH will be able to take some time off to help, and than DS will actually be in school and not sick.

Other things I am doing are reading the Bible every day and praying all the time.  I'm trying very hard to trust in God's plan, His timing, His way of doing things.  I surrender to Him over and over, wanting Him to make me into who He wants me to be.  And then I fail over and over and over again.  I ate too much yesterday, I was impatient yesterday and already today, and it's only 5:53 am.  I'm not active enough.  My house is messy despite working at it every day.  I keep underestimating things that I need to budget and feel absolutely overwhelmed because no matter how well I try to budget, we keep getting all these wonderful surprise bills, car problems, stuff that happens in life to everyone, I guess.  I get tired of having all the neighborhood kids over all the time because I feel like I can't keep up with what I need to do myself, and then I have extra kids to watch and feed.  Of course, if God is sending them to me, then this must be a ministry, and I should be practicing hospitality.  The truth is, I often keep the shades down and avoid going outside to try to hide from them.  It's awful, I know.  Two of them are also ADD/Autistic on top of my own kid, and I feel like I'm giving their parents respite all the time and I don't get any myself.  There are days when I send them away, and then I feel guilty because I'm sure that's not what God wants me to do.  So, I'm still whining.

My husband and I are always so stressed and tired...we have no babysitter, we have no real time alone.  There is no door on the bathroom and our bedroom door is broken.  There is no privacy.  I'm sure people lived that way for eons, but I still wish I at least had a door I could lock for a little while.  DH is exhausted too, and feeling just as down as I am.  We were hoping for at least a restful vacation, and we didn't.

Also, my son is all over me all the time when he's home.  Constantly snuggling, which I know is a wonderful thing.  But I just want to not be touched all the time.  I want him to not touch my nose and ear, and flick my hair into my face over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...and lay on me, and drool on me all day... to dive onto me, to lay across me, to interrupt me constantly.  Even now I've been up and down getting this or that for him, and his elbow is dug deep into my upper arm.

Nobody wants to hear this, and I have it much better than many, many people, but this is just how I feel right now and pray that God will help me to readjust my attitude.  Where is my gratefulness?  Where is my worship?  This is not who He wants me to be.  This is not how I should be.

No comments: