Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snow!


I think all the boots lined up look so cute.
My son trying and failing to walk in the snow.

My daughter not even having success walking on the sidewalk.
Well, we're getting hammered by snow. We took the kids out to play in the snow today, and on the grassy areas, it's just about two feet deep and they can't walk in it. It was very difficult to try to make a snowman, and after a few minutes the kids were miserable so we came back in. Oh well. At least we were out.
The snow is very wet and heavy and dangerous. There are a lot of trees and branches down around here. My husband thought it was a good idea to bring our daughter under a tree so she could walk around because there was very little snow, but I reminded him about the branches surrounding him and how another could fall on them at any second, so out they came. We keep losing power...whenever figure skating comes on. Skiing, which I really don't want to watch, is all I get to see.

My son has been home from school for two days now, and school is already closed for tomorrow. My husband's job isn't expecting him in, so that's a good thing...I don't have to think about him traveling on bad roads, and I'll have help with my son.

My son has been having a rough few days. I'm not exactly sure why. He's been getting very easily frustrated and upset, and has been banging his head a lot. His forehead is raw, and I may have a broken nose because he head butted me very hard. I'm icing it, and there's not a lot to do for it besides that. It may be time to look into meds. If he can injure me, he can injure my daughter.

Autism is hard on everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You guys got waaaaaaaay more snow than we did...can't imagine how much more snow you have today! We even have power - I hope you do too!!!! Stay safe and warm!