Thursday, July 30, 2009

Romance






I was watching the Barefoot Contessa recently, and she was preparing a dinner for her husband for their anniversary. She commented that people often ask her what makes a happy marriage. She said that she's glad she doesn't have to work at it. She wants to make her husband happy, and he wants to make her happy. It's as simple as that.



I am blessed to have a marriage like that. We are committed to spending time together, but we don't really consider it work...we just love to be together.
Since we have two young children and not a whole lot of money, we keep things low key. But honestly, I don't think I'd want to do anything much differently even if we were in different circumstances. We have carpet picnics and play board games by lantern light in bed. The birthday card he gave me said, "My Wife, My Special Blessing", and inside, one of the many things he wrote is that I help him get through each day with a smile. He is my special blessing too. Sigh.

No comments: