Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Man Running Again...On My Birthday!


Sunday was my birthday, and I had a wonderful, wonderful day. My husband cleaned most of the apartment in the morning, and then we got ready to drive down to Queens for a reunion with friends of mine from grammar school. We were meeting at a park that, although it was hardly a mile and a half away from where I grew up, I had never been to. My son spent the entire time in the sprinklers, except for a few minutes where we strapped him down into a stroller to sing happy birthday to me. One of my classmates was kind enough to bring a birthday cake for me. One of the people I saw I hadn't seen since High School, and we had been very close friends. It was so nice to see her again. I hope to keep in touch with her in the future. It was nice to remember old times with old friends.

The weather held out just long enough for the reunion, and then some hearty storms made their way in. Our next stop was my Mom's house for a wonderful dinner and home made birthday cake. My sister braved massive hail, collisions all around her, and pouring rain to come to my birthday dinner. My Mom made a roast beef with onions, roasted potatoes, and asparagus. My sister made a fantastic gravy to accompany the meal. Then we had coffee and cake. My Mom made a cake that her mother used to make. It's yellow cake with a frosting made from unsweetened Baker's Chocolate, evaporated milk, butter, and a little bit of sugar. It's rich, it's decadent, and I didn't take the rest of the cake home because I would have eaten it all.

It was a lovely day. On top of it all, my husband bought me the Top Chef Cook Book, which I've wanted since it came out. He also got me Scrabble, which he doesn't like to play, but because he loves me and wants to make me happy, he promises to play it with me. I'm very excited.

So, I have recommitted myself to Weight Watchers. I haven't posted my weight loss/gain, but over the past month, I've been futzing around the same three pounds. I started my exercise routine again, and I've been faithfully keeping track of all the points I eat. So, hopefully, I can make my way past these three pounds. Better three than 43! I'll get back to 46 pounds down very soon, and then it's just another 4 pounds to 50. Cool.

No comments: