Monday, July 6, 2009

First Day of School


Today is the first day of the Summer session of school, and I just put my son on the bus. It came 15 minutes early, so thank goodness, we were ready and already on our way down the stairs. My son was decked out in some new clothes and shoes, and a new "Thomas the Tank Engine and His Friends" backpack. He also has a new notebook with family pictures in it of our little vacation to Boston where he got to meet Thomas and go to the New England Aquarium (more about that in another post). He loves to look at pictures, and having pictures of his family at school helps him to get adjusted because he can look at us whenever he misses us.

The bus comes at 7:30, which is really early. My son comes home at 1:30, which seems really early. LOL Up here, it's in the 50's in the morning, and it doesn't get up to 80 or so until later in the afternoon, so there's no quick dips in the pool before my son gets home for me. Oh well.

My son was up until after 11 pm last night, and I thought he'd be a monster this morning, but I guess he was excited to go back to school, because he got right up, didn't fight me while getting ready, and walked right down the stairs, and got right on the bus. That's a true blessing.

Of course, a lot of it has to do with singing. Music calms the savage beast, they say, and I guess it's true. My son behaves a lot better when I sing. That means if I'm sick, and I can't sing, or I'm feeling too miserable to sing, our days are very difficult. So, we sang "I've been working on the Railroad", filling in all the names of "Thomas the Tank Engine and His Friends" for Dinah. Now I should have an hour or so before the baby wakes up (I hope), so that I can have some nice, peaceful time to do some housework. Not that I haven't been working since 6:30 anyway, getting lunches and breakfasts together, getting my husband out the door and then my son, but now I can get some other things done.
So, without further ado, I should get straight to work!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, nice new header and button! Hope DS has a good first day at school!