Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Guess What? I Love You!


My son surprised me today. I never know exactly how much information he understands or retains. Today, I observed some evidence that some of what I say is definitely understood. This, I think, should give hope to anyone who is waiting for their child to speak.

I must tell my kids a thousand times a day how much I love them. I have lots of different ways I like to do it. One way is I start out with, "Guess what?" Then I say, "I love you!" Today I said, "Guess what?" And my son answered, "I love you!"

I can't tell you how happy this made me. I even got a kiss. There's nothing like hearing your child say, "I love you"...especially when they've been essentially non-verbal for five years.

For all those people who have told me that I'd be sorry when my kids started talking because they'd never shut up, I am so happy to hear every word, and I hope they never stop.

1 comment:

dr. mom's mom said...

Dear Krissy, He is so adorable. I am so happy for you. Love, GM