Monday, June 1, 2009

Parades!

My son has three favorite things...drums, fire engines, and guitars (music falls in with the instruments). So, he just loves parades. I'm sure one day we'll see a guitar at a parade, but for now, just having drums and fire engines is enough. We go to as many parades as I can find, which has been about one a week for the past several weeks. On Memorial Day, my son waited for the parade to continue even though they had opened the streets to traffic. On Saturday, he decided he was going to follow the parade when the end came, so my husband indulged him. I walked back to the car, fed our daughter, then drove to meet them when the street opened. Boy, my son had a great time. My daughter likes the parades too, and so do we, but the best part is seeing the joy on my son's face as he watches and pretends to drum on anything around and points out every fire engine.
Next week there's a Hat Parade in one of the local communities. I'm not sure if there will be fire engines and drums, but we'll get to make hats and BE in the parade...that's gotta be fun too!

1 comment:

dr. mom's mom said...

I can just see him now. Walking with his daddy. How adorable. The little music man. Love, M