Tuesday, June 9, 2009

11th Wedding Anniversary


We celebrated our eleventh wedding anniversary on Saturday. We got a babysitter and went out alone for the first time since Valentine's Day 2007. It was lovely. We went to a very nice restaurant on the Hudson River. One of the first things we did was lean back in our chairs. We never get to do that when we eat. It was sooo nice to relax during a meal and not have to rush. I started out with an aperitif of Chambord and Champagne. Yummy. Then I had Chilean Sea bass with a Parmesan crust, veggies, and the largest potato croquette I've ever seen. I've never had Chilean Sea bass before, and it was absolutely delicious. I brought most of my dinner home so that I wouldn't overeat too much...I have no idea how many points are in this meal, and I'm quite sure I wouldn't want to know.


Anyway, I needed to save room for dessert. I had creme brulee and cappuccino. Delicious.




It was a very different experience getting to lean back in our chairs, eat before feeding someone else, and just being able to eat slowly, enjoy each other's company, and have an adult conversation with one another. We talked and we laughed a lot, and after dinner, we went for a romantic stroll along the sidewalk beside the river. We looked over a peer at some ducks and ducklings, and watched the sun begin to set. It was a lovely evening.






1 comment:

dr. mom's mom said...

Dear Krissy, Was it a Lord or a Lady that you looked over. M