Saturday, August 8, 2009

Nightly Routine


I decided to take a picture of what we need to do for my son's bedtime routine just for memories. For some reason, whenever my son gets a cold, it develops into a sinus infection and bronchial asthma. For some reason, my son always seems to have a cold/infection. So, we do the nebulizer, the nasal spray, and the antibiotics. Then he gets a growth hormone injection every night because he has a deficiency. He gets a multivitamin, of course, and for his dyspraxia and ADHD, he gets a complete vitamin E tablet and fish oils. AND of course, we put on jammies and brush his teeth.

His favorite book right now is Goodnight Moon, so we read that every night too, and whenever he sees the moon, he says goodnight moon (boo da moo) in his sweet voice.

Except for Goodnight Moon, he hates everything and fights from the second I start changing his diaper. Tonight I got kicked square in the mouth before I even got his shoes off. I have bruises all over from him fighting. Oh, it takes a lot of patience, but he's cute, and I love him. I also have a wonderful, helpful, supportive husband, who very often takes over the duties of getting our son ready for bed, as well as anything else that needs to be done with either child. And he's wonderful to me too. I'm very lucky.

No comments: