Friday, February 25, 2011

Four Months?

Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon
My son's Valentine's Day Card

Daddy's Birthday Card from the kids


My naughty daughter caught in the act

Oh gee. My son hasn't been sleeping, so I haven't been sleeping. Sleep deprivation is horrible. I have no short term memory. The worst thing is that if I at least kept up this blog, I could look back and see what we've been doing.

Our babysitter moved away, so I haven't had help. My husband is always working, and I'm just dog tired. Worn out. Burnt out. Next month at some point my husband will be starting a new job, and he'll be home more often. I'm hoping that we'll both be able to make it to the gym and feel a little better and have some time to ourselves. We'll also have our weekends back and be able to go hiking and have some family time. I'm also hoping to find another babysitter. It would be nice to have some help again and maybe see my husband alone once in awhile.
We're looking into a special bed for my son called a Noah's Bed, but it's $5,000, and takes forever to get through insurance. We're also looking at a bed tent, but I'm not sure it's going to be strong enough for a nearly six year old boy. We got a disco ball to try to appease him so he could watch something spin that wasn't the microwave dish, but it burns out so fast we've gone through four bulbs in a week and a half. He still drums and bangs all night long, and my daughter doesn't always take a nap. When she does, it's short, so I don't really get to catch up on any sleep and I don't keep up with any cleaning. My cousin offered to come over and hang out with the kids so I can clean, but it's so messy I feel like I have to clean before she comes over to help me clean, so I haven't had her over yet.

My son actually fell asleep at a decent hour for once last night, but my daughter wouldn't sleep. Figures.

I'm trying to stay happy and cheerful and patient. Not easy. Not doing all too well at it either. Guess this is why I don't like to update. I feel like I don't have a lot of happy things to write about so I don't want to write.

My son is sweet and affectionate and my daughter is adorable. She's a non-stop talker. She loves storms. She says, "Storm comin' Mom. It's a big one. It comin' for YOUUUUUU." She's a silly goose. "I NEEEEEED snuggles Mom". And "NO".

We were going to go out for Valentine's Day. The folks at church were going to watch the kids. But they got sick, so I cooked. I made Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon. It was absolutely delicious.

We had a nice party for my husband the other day for his birthday with just the four of us. The kids had fun making his card and decorating. We just had a pizza party. It was fun. We had ice cream cake. My daughter wanted more cake, but I told her to finish what she had on her plate first. So she got up, took her fork, and went over to the cake and took some more saying, "I got more cake". Naughty girl.

No comments: